The déconfinement slowed down in a region of New Brunswick

Le déconfinement ralenti dans une région du Nouveau-Brunswick

FREDERICTON, N.-B. | there were virtually no cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick, but now that the recent appearance of cases, including three on Thursday, will force the province to put the brakes on its plan déconfinement in the north-east of its territory.

Thus, the area 5, that is, of Campbellton, is returned to the phase orange Wednesday under the recovery plan of the province of New Brunswick. The rest of the province remains in the yellow stage today.

According to the authorities, the three people who were reported as positive have been infected by a health care professional in the region of Restigouche, which was made earlier this month in Quebec and who would not be isolated on his return to New Brunswick.

An infected person is under the age of 19 years, while the other two were, respectively, between 40 and 49 years of age and over 90 years of age.

“We all have the responsibility to take care of ourselves and watch out for each other”, said the chief medical officer of health, Dr. Jennifer Russell, by issuing a press release.

“The information about this health professional have been forwarded to the RCMP to determine exactly what happened, and if charges are warranted,” said his side the prime minister Blaine Higgs.

“I understand that the employer of that person is also examining the issue, and I am hopeful that appropriate measures will be taken to respond to this incident,” added the leader of the conservatives.

The director in chief of public health in Canada, Dr. Theresa Tam, has also reacted to the news.

“There has always been a message in different jurisdictions that there is a flexibility in the public health system in order to restore or remove some of the measures as they see fit according to their own epidemiological context. I think this is what you see in New Brunswick at this time”, she added.

The move to the amber phase of the plan déconfinement has been postponed until 5 June, a week later than expected, in the zone 5, which remains in phase with orange.

The latter allows two families to be together. “You must not have close contact with anyone else. You can’t join more than one household (bubble),” says-t-on.

Phase orange also stipulate that the providers and the companies of services of unregulated health care, such as acupuncturists and naturopaths, may not resume their activities at this time. In addition, the companies of personal services, such as barbers, hairdressers, spas, beauty salons, manicure and pedicure, and tattoo artists may not resume their activities until new order.

Share Button