A gourmet log without added refined sugar? That's right. Don't be choosy, even with healthy resolutions, traditions will be respected. But yes, I believe that we can always treat ourselves to healthier options. It is not for nothing that I wage war on refined sugar by sweetening everything with mashed dates. Here, I offer you my raspberry and chocolate log… without added sugar. I believe in the joy of eating better and the pleasure of having plenty of energy. Will you believe me if I tell you that everyone will ask you for the recipe?
Quantity: 6 to 8 servings | Cooking: about 15 minutes
La Fine bûche
- 3/4 cup of date puree
- 1 cup vegetable drink or milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (optional)
- 1 c. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. almond or vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. 1 tbsp whole chia seeds or unsweetened coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cup wheat flour or gluten-free mix
- 1/4 cup ground almonds or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cups date puree
- 4 cups frozen raspberries (a whole bag)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1 packet of dry gelatin or agar-agar
The Sugar-Free Chocolate Cream added
- 3/4 cup date puree
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons dairy or vegetable cream (10%, 15% of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or on the cookie sheet (38 cm x 25 cm) otherwise everything will stick.
- In a bowl, mix the date puree, vegetable drink (or milk), eggs and vegetable oil well. < /li>
- Incorporate the following ingredients: baking powder, almond (or vanilla) extract, chia seeds (or coconut). Observe the light emulsion and mix well.
- Add flour and ground almonds (or oat flakes).
- Place the dough on the baking sheet and spread it well.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Let cool slightly.
- Dampen a clean cloth and lay it on the work surface.
- Take the cake and place it on the damp cloth, face down.
- Remove the paper.
- Roll up the edge of the damp cloth to finally roll the cake gently in the cloth.
- Let rest. Meanwhile, take the opportunity to prepare the recipe for Raspberry Stauffe and No Sugar Added Chocolate Cream.
The Raspberry Stauffe
- In a saucepan, put all the ingredients except the gelatin.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add the gelatin and mix well.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate for about 10 minutes .
Chocolate cream without added sugar
- We mix all the ingredients together. That's it!
14. Back to our log: once the future log has cooled slightly, gently unroll and spread a generous amount of Raspberry Stauffe.
15. Roll again…cover the log with the chocolate cream.
16. If desired, have fun decorating it.
17. For an even more indulgent look, add Skor nuggets to the ends (as pictured).
18. Yes, it freezes.
19. When ready to eat, cut into nice slices. What a delight!