The first packages Explore Quebec city are available

Les premiers forfaits Explore Québec sont disponibles

MONTRÉAL | 50% Discount on an annual subscription of the Sépaq, or even stays in the region funded: Quebec unveiled Sunday a series of measures to encourage Quebecers to be tourists at home.

But, while a survey commissioned by CAA-Quebec showed last week that about one Quebecer in two had made a cross on the idea of taking a vacation this summer, these measures come not too late?

The minister of Tourism, Caroline Proulx, think not.

“There were also people in this survey who said they wanted to take their holidays in August, September and even later. This is why “Exploring Quebec city” and the “Passport charms” is available until December 2021″, defended the minister, that is a lot of emphasis on tourism in fall and winter.

Explore Quebec offers a 25% discount on packages with overnight stays in a region. This program is offered from Sunday by the travel agencies.

The Passport attractions, from its side, gives access to 450 sites and tourism events across the province of Quebec. The first two visits of places participants are reduced by 20 %, the third 30 %, fourth is 40 %. It will be possible to take advantage of these passports from Monday.

“Clearly, there will be no international tourists on the whole territory of the country, but Quebecers will respond very well at this time,” said Caroline Proulx, who has not advanced on the number of packages that Explores Québec and Passports attractions that will be sold this summer.

In addition to these two initiatives, Quebec wants to make it more attractive to stay in one of its national parks. The price of the annual subscription to the Sépaq is reduced by half for the next 12 months. Those who already have a card for the year will be able to get a discount at the end of their subscription.

Especially good for the regions

“It is sure that these measures will especially benefit the regions, but it can help us also: the people of the regions occupy a significant place in the numbers of visitors and prices will be more affordable this year,” commented the CEO of Tourism Montreal, Yves Lalumière, who was present during the minister Proulx, Sunday in the metropolis.

In Montreal, approximately 80 % of tourists come from the international usually.

On the 11 million visitors received annually on average, Tourisme Montréal expects to accommodate between 8 and 10 million less this year.

“For hotels, we expect an occupancy rate of 10 % for July, 15 % for August. If there are some european markets that are déconfinés made there, we could go up to 20-25 %, ” hopes Yves Lalumière.

Share Button