Private professional sports during the confinement, the supporters will still have to wait a bit before reviewing the prowess of their favourite stars. If you are a fan of the Montreal Impact, your wait is almost at its end, because the action is expected to resume as early as 8 July. But if you rather have Brendan Gallagher as the wallpaper of your cell phone, you will have to wait a little longer before you review the work. The Log shows you any plans to return to the game of the major professional sports organizations.
- Formula 1 has had to cancel or postpone several of her events, including one planned in Montreal last week, but she hopes to start racing soon. The Canadian Grand Prix could take place in the fall.
- It is in Austria that the drivers will resume the service as soon as the July 3, according to the official calendar, and the events will be without spectators. The first eight races of the circuit will take place in Austria (2), Hungary, the United Kingdom (2), Spain, Belgium and finally Italy.
- To make wait his followers, the Formula 1 has held eight Great virtual Prizes, during which the drivers compétitionnaient remotely on a simulator of real racing. The last event virtual place on the circuit Gilles – Villeneuve and it is the young British George Russell who won.
- The Major League Soccer (MLS) will resume in the form of a tournament behind closed doors as early as 8 July in Orlando, Florida.
- The 26 MLS teams were divided by draw into six different groups. The Montreal Impact is in group C and will face his canadian rival Toronto FC, as well as the Revolution of the New England and the D. C. United.
- The final will take place on 11 August and the winning team of the tournament will get a pass to the champions League of CONCACAF, in 2021.
- As of July 31, the 22 best teams will compete in a season that is approved by the board of governors of the National Basketball Association (NBA) on the grounds of Disney World, in Orlando, Florida.
- Each squad will play eight games before the start of the series. The Toronto Raptors are already qualified for the playoffs.
- Champions should be crowned in October if the plan is put into operation as planned.
- The first tennis event confirmed is the International of the United States, at the end of August as planned. The event will take place without supporters.
- The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP), the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) and international tennis Federation (ITF) have announced that no tournament would resume before July 31. The Rogers Cup in Montreal and one in Toronto have been carried forward to the next year.
- For the moment, there is no big announcement for the national football League (NFL) since the matches of the regular season are expected to resume only in September as scheduled.
- Discussions are however underway to shorten the preseason from four games to the usual two.
- If the national hockey League (NHL) gets the permissions of governments, it hopes to start its training camps as early as July 10 and continue his tournament preliminary to the playoffs the 1st of August, according to TVA Sports.
- The resumption of the season will be without supporters in the stands, and with the 12 best teams of each association, according to the current classification. The players will not have to carry additional equipment, such as a visor, for example.
- The Canadian has managed to sneak and is the 24th and final team to qualify for this competition. They square off against the Pittsburgh Penguins and Sidney Crosby in the first round qualifier.
- The prime minister Justin Trudeau, said he was open to welcome the NHL for there to be a “city-bubble” in canada.
- Canada has approved yesterday the proposal for quarantine of groups of the NHL. The players do not have to isolate 14 days of arriving in the country.
- The draft, which was originally scheduled to take place in Montreal on 26 and 27 June, will be held after the end of the Stanley Cup series.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr
- There is still no agreement for a plan of recovery in major league baseball (MLB). A real arm of iron between the MLB and the players ‘ association for an agreement on compensation during a possible season shortened. The commissioner of the circuit has even mentioned that he was not sure see baseball in 2020.
Peter Sagan (right)
- The major races of the circuit WorldTour team must start over from the 1st August. The Grands Prix cyclistes of Québec and of Montréal, provided respectively on 11 and 13 September, have not changed to date for the moment. However, the prestigious Tour de France has been moved and will take place at the same time, which could deprive Quebecers of the presence of many celebrities on our roads.
- The canadian football League (CFL), which is part of the team of the Montreal Alouettes, is not planning a return anytime soon. The Circuit, which says still studying its options, and is considering a resumption of the season in September in a shortened version.
- Training camps, scheduled in may, and the draft have also been delayed to later dates that are not yet fixed.
- If the players return to the game in September, this will not be the Saskatchewan Roughriders who will be the hosts of the Grey Cup 2020, but rather it is the finalist team with the most points in the regular season, who will present the home game.