A 3 year old child has died in the family pool of a residence in Charlesbourg, Monday afternoon.
The authorities have been alerted to the emergency that occurred at 1425 rue Mazarin shortly after 13: 30.
Upon their arrival, the little boy, who was to celebrate his 4th birthday in a few days, was already in a critical situation.
“The police arrived quickly and began cpr on the scene. Paramedics have also been put to contribution, ” explained the spokesperson for the Service de police de la Ville de Québec (SPVQ), David Pelletier.
The child was then transported to the hospital.
At the time of his transport to the hospital, he was in cardiopulmonary arrest, precise-t-on. His death was finally confirmed a few hours later.
Moment of inattention
Investigators and forensic identification have been deployed on the scene to meet individuals and establish the circumstances of the tragedy.
The toddler would have managed to open the door of the gallery leading to the pool and would have fallen, during a short moment of inattention of the person who was watching them.
Attached to Monday evening, the sister of the victim was upset by the loss of his little brother, and she was not at the residence at the time of the tragedy.
“You’re going to greatly miss you my love, my baby, my little happiness all for me (…) I love you very much, rest in peace,” wrote the teenager on the social networks.
Neighbours of the family home and who have observed the intervention of the rescue, helpless, said to be completely shaken up by the situation.
“I saw him on the stretcher, they [rescuers] were pumping for a half-hour. I knew him well, the young man, it was a good little guy. When I saw him on the stretcher, it made me something, ” laments one of them.
“Children, it moves so quickly, it is always necessary to have the eye… That’s really sad, but there is hope… “, he added, before they learn the bad news.
“At first, I thought it was the father who was injured. I stayed close to be able to help the little boy if he was alone. But when I saw that it was him who wasn’t breathing, it was quite a shock ” blows another neighbour, stating that the father is always busy of his son.
The agent of the SPVQ, David Pelletier, has also reminded all parents to be vigilant when bathing their children in the beginning of summer, then that one regrets a second drowning in just a few days in the national capital.
—With the collaboration of Arnaud Koenig-Soutière