These five tips are from the book The manual of the house clean.
- A clove of garlic freshly cut that is rubbed on the skin irritated by insect bites, wasp and bee brings instant relief.
- A tea bag used and dried eliminates bad odors in shoes.
- Before cutting a lock of hair which was stuck to the chewing gum, coat it with peanut butter. The gum will easily be cleared through the oily texture of this spread.
- A garment stained with latex paint, it will become like new after a one hour bath in the sparkling mineral water (Club Soda or carbonated mineral water).
- The milk can remove a stain of tomato sauce on a carpet. Pour a glass on the stain, scrub, then clean with a paper towel.
Blunders to repair
The small paper handkerchief forgotten in the pocket of a garment leaves its traces on all of the clothes out of the dryer. Replace the cloth in the dryer with a few fabric-softener sheets or an old nylon stocking. The fluff is stick.
If you just flip the bottle of vegetable oil to the ground, don’t panic ! Sprinkle the floor with flour, let it absorb the oil and then swipe the residue is pasty. It remains only to wash the floor with warm soapy water.
You should never dispose of dental floss you just used in the toilet bowl. These threads often waxed can quickly clog your piping. Therefore, the dental floss in the trash and bill the plumber will be less salty.
If the food has stuck to the bottom of a pan, sprinkle the crust blackened with baking soda, add 2 to 3 cups of boiling water. Let it sit for a night. In the morning, the crust and swollen will be easy to remove without scraping the bottom of the pan.
Odors in the home
It would be necessary to determine the origin of this smell is invasive. A damp smell can hide major problems at the level of the pipe, an infiltration of water, particularly in the sub-soil, the presence of fungi in the walls that only a specialist will be able to adjust.
Other sources of bad smells
- The curtains and the carpets that require a good dusting or a deep cleaning.
- The plates air vents dusty.
▶ The solution : use the hose of the vacuum cleaner with a small brush, wash the grid with warm soapy water, and if the problem seems major, consult a cleaning specialist to obtain a good air quality.
- A smell from food accumulated in the pipes of the sink.
▶ The solution : pour 45 ml (3 tbsp) of baking soda into the pipe to be cleaned and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of hot vinegar. Place the stopper and rinse with very hot water after a thirty
▶ The solution : the bins are smelly and should be washed with warm soapy water, and désodorisées sprinkling the inside with baking soda.
They can leave their smell on a carpet, a couch and even mark their territory.
▶ The solution : Mix the following ingredients to counteract the odor of pee pee cat and dog.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of baking soda
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of peroxide
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of liquid soap
- 500 ml (1 ½ to 2 cups) of lukewarm water
Pour the product in a bottle with a spray. Spray on the soiled areas. Wait for ten minutes before rinsing with water. Repeat as needed.
Sprinkle baking soda on the soiled areas after a good cleaning will help minimize odour. Leave the baking soda to a dozen hours before vacuuming.
The cooking of food
It can release odours that are persistent, such as fish, broccoli, cauliflower, etc
▶ The solution : boil in a saucepan, uncovered, for twenty minutes, and 500 ml (2 cups) of water with one of these products to get a potion fragrant :
- a few sticks of cinnamon 5 ml (1 tsp of ground cinnamon) ;
- some cloves and the zest of a lemon or of an orange ;
- a mixture of cinnamon and nutmeg ;
- a few tablespoons of liquid fabric softener, or simply boil a few cups of white vinegar for fifteen minutes. Keep a watchful eye on the pan, as the vinegar evaporates very quickly.