BET À DAY
In collaboration with
The first subscription platform in Quebec offering non-scripted French content has just celebrated its first birthday. For the occasion, revisit some of the content that has contributed to its success over the past year.
On the eve of its first anniversary, the Vrai platform can be proud to offer a rich and diversified program. Content such as lifestyle, documentary, competition, reality TV, humor, docu-reality, renovation, crime and investigation, adventure, animals, decoration, and even guilty pleasures: there is something for everyone!
Whether you have a preference for original Quebec productions or renowned international brands in French, discover some of the many shows that have triumphed on the platform this year.
1. The documentary Marie-Soleil and Jean-Claude: Beyond the Stars
25 years after this tragic accident, this production pays tribute to host and actress Marie-Soleil Tougas and filmmaker Jean-Claude Lauzon. Immerse yourself in their respective stories to rediscover these idols of the past and retrace the events surrounding their departure through testimonials from friends and colleagues as well as television memories.
2 . The culinary competition Chefs de bois– season 2
As part of this original production, 10 chefs are placed in a survival situation in the forest and must compete in daring challenges. Let yourself be carried away by this arduous competition which is spiced up with new ingredients for the second season.
3. The docu-reality Bianca family life – season 2
Enter the unique and spontaneous daily life of Bianca Longpré and François Massicotte. In this house where nothing ever goes as planned, the couple live together with four children, a grandmother, four cats and three dogs. The production thus invites us to let ourselves be seduced by this tight-knit family for whom nothing is perfect and that's good!
4. The documentary thriller The Order of the Solar Temple
More than 25 years after the tragedy, this production retraces the tragic events that led to the death of dozens of people in France, Switzerland and Quebec. Hear stories from journalists, witnesses and survivors who tell the horror story led by cult leaders Joseph Di Mambro and Luc Jouret.
5. < strong>Docu-reality Paris Hilton is getting married
As the celebrity begins her journey down the aisle with her fiancé Carter Reum, find out why her family and friends are wondering if the celebrity icon mode will be able to engage in the simplest details of the wedding.
6. The docu-reality L 'keeping up with the Kardashians
This series no longer needs presentations as its success is planetary! Join Kris Jenner and her five Kardashian daughters – Kim, Khloé, Kourtney, Kendall and Kylie – as they navigate their star lives.
7. The reality show The Island of the Heartbreakers
Follow three women on a tropical island as they are joined by 24 men, half of whom are self-proclaimed “nice guys” and the other half “Fboys.” They will have to make important choices in order to find true love.
8. The Below Deck: Life on Board
Have you ever wondered how is life aboard a super yacht during charter season? Below Deck Crewtells you about their daily life including the management of their personal problems in order to make their professional career work.
The new features to come
But that's not all! The Vrai platform is preparing to welcome great new releases including these six original Quebec productions:
- Ballroom fever, already on the air: Jean-Marc Généreux invites you to enter the universe dance sport.
- Children's collectors, from October 18: a Impact documentary series on cyberpedophilia by Paul Arcand and André St-Pierre.
- Speed in the blood, < strong>starting November 15: this documentary series delves into the universe and adventures of the Landry family, professional racers of extreme acceleration cars.
- Nordic Canadians – The Rivalry ,starting November 29: One of the most important sports rivalries in North America, the rivalry between the Montreal Canadiens and the Quebec Nordiques has fiercely divided the province during 15 years, part of an economic, social and political movement.
- The best pastry chef in Quebec – season 2, starting December 6: Marie-Eve Janvier and Joël Legendre are welcoming 10 amateur pastry chefs for the second season of this culinary competition.
- Great well-cooked ComediHa! – season 2, from December 13: icons of humor will be invited to be “roasted” in the rules of the art by colleagues and friends. This year, the roasts will be: Normand Brathwaite, Michel Barrette, Martin Matte and Cathy Gauthier.
Take advantage of the six-month subscription offer to discover the fascinating content from the Vrai platform by adding it to your illico TV, Helix TV or Helix TV App package for Videotron customers. If you are not a Videotron customer, you can subscribe using the QUB app.
Vrai is the first Quebec subscription platform offering exclusively non-scripted content through multiple original productions from here as well as major brands from elsewhere, including international successes.