Two new cases of COVID-19 in the Capitale-Nationale
Two new cases of coronavirus were identified Thursday in the Capitale-Nationale, bringing to 10 the number of residents infected in the region.
Two other people, tourists, also received a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 in the territory of the CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale.
No details have so far been provided by the CIUSSS concerning the two new cases.
Wednesday, the public health department of the Capitale-Nationale reported five new cases, all adults or children who have traveled abroad or close contacts of these people.
According to the report sent at 1 p.m. by the Minister of Health, there are now 121 cases of COVID-19 in Quebec, 27 more than the day before. Seven people are currently hospitalized, and one person has died.
In Chaudière-Appalaches, no new cases were identified on Thursday. The assessment in this region is therefore still six confirmed cases of COVID-19. Among them, a person attending L’Étoile school, in the Saint-Nicolas sector.
During his daily press conference on Thursday, Prime Minister François Legault stressed that “the more we test, the more the number of cases increases”. “It’s normal, that was to be expected,” he said.
The Prime Minister also asked Quebecers not to travel from one region to another to avoid the spread of the virus, “unless it is essential”.
François Legault also wanted to reassure the population about the medical equipment available in the province. “We have all the equipment we need in the short term: swabs, masks, gloves, respirators,” he said.
To seniors, he launched this message: “It is not the time to be in shopping centers or in restaurants with friends. […] Go and get some fresh air, it’s good for physical and moral health, but not by gathering with other people in shopping centers or other places. ”