It is important to clean the interior of the dishwasher once a year, especially if the water in your area is known to be hard, which leaves mineral deposits and can discolor the interior of the device. In addition, residues can accumulate in the various parts of the device and become a source of undesirable odors.
- Forget the wacky tricks recommending cleaning the dishwasher with a wrap of Tang orange juice or Kool-Aid powder. Opt instead for a thorough cleaning of the inside of the appliance by operating a regular cycle with 250 ml (1 cup) of vinegar or 25 g (1 teaspoon) of lemon salt. Do not add dishwasher detergent.
- The dishwasher door, handle, control panel can be cleaned with a soft cloth or sponge and a few drops of liquid dish soap. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on the inside or outside of the unit.
- If a bad smell comes from the dishwasher, sprinkle 125 ml (1/2 cup) of baking soda in the bottom and run a short cycle.
Wash them dishwasher safe!
- Young children's plastic toys will be clean and disinfected. You can even wash the Legos by placing them in a mesh bag typically used for delicate lingerie.
- Laminated sports gear for soccer and hockey players, shin guards are dishwasher safe . Add a spoonful of baking soda to a small amount of dishwasher soap.
- If size allows, wash cleaning brushes and barbecue grates in the dishwasher, small screens windows, air vents and even the range hood filter.
- When you start your dishwasher, add kitchen sponges and brushes to clean and sanitize them.