MONTREAL – The Quebec government has announced that the outdoor pools will reopen as early as Saturday, but that doesn’t mean that they will all be ready to welcome the public. In Montreal, only 18 pools on 74 will be accessible to swimmers Saturday.
The “24 Hours” has listed the pools that will be open on Saturday, in each borough. Here’s the list:
- Ahuntsic-Cartierville: complex aquatic Gabriel-Lalemant and Marcelin-Wilson
- Anjou: pools, parks Chénier, Roger-Rousseau and Lucie-Bruneau
- Mercier–Hochelaga-Maisonneuve: swimming pool Paul-Émile Sauvageau
- Lachine: pool LaSalle park
- The South-West: pools Sir-Georges-Étienne Cartier and Ignace-Bourget
- The Plateau-Mont-Royal: park pool Baldwin
- Montréal-Nord: swimming pool of the parc Saint-Laurent
- Rivières-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles: swimming pool in the park Don-Bosco
- Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie: swimming pool in the park of the Pelican
- Saint-Léonard: swimming pool of parc Pie-XII
- Verdun: swimming pools Arthur-Therrien and The Fountain
- Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension: pool at Jarry park and swimming pool François-Perrault
- Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grace: none swimming pool is open until 22 June
- LaSalle: the swimming pool in Riverside will open on the 23rd of June, and two more are expected to follow on June 25
- Ville-Marie: opening dates unknown
- Outremont: opening dates unknown
- Saint-Laurent: opening dates unknown
- Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève: opening dates unknown
- Pierrefonds-Roxboro: pool Valley Crest will not open this summer
Several water games and paddling pools are already open to the public. The districts will update their respective web site to include other pools during the days and weeks to come.
In order to provide access to a greater number of users, some districts reserve the right to set a time to swim.
Laval and Longueuil
- In Laval, only the pool of the Mill in the district of Saint-François will be open Saturday. To allow equitable geographical distribution, it was determined that two pools by sector would eventually open, mentions the City by e-mail. Six swimming pools do not welcome so no swimmer this summer.
- In Longueuil, all of the pools will open on June 24.