The ceremony of awarding the winners of the festival
Edition Today Lifestyle
Cannes film festival 2019
Today, may 25, at the solemn ceremony of awarding the winners were announced of the 72nd Cannes international film festival.
Ukrainian filmmakers showed in Cannes:
Before all of the festival jury named the winners in the Cinéfondation section. First prize of competition of student films awarded French Director Louise Courvoisier for the film “hand in Hand” (Mano a Mano).
Short 23-minute film tells the story of circus acrobats Abby and Luka, who travel to cities and face problems in a relationship.
Second Cinefondation prize went to American Director Richard Wang, presented a picture “the Sign” (Hieu). The film tells about the life of Vietnamese-American family.
The third prize of the festival was shared by the Palestinian Visas al-Jaafari with the film Atmosphere (Ambience) and Polish Director Barbara Rupik with the band “the darling” (Duszyczka).
2019 Cannes: a Triumph of Tarantino and the Ukrainian premiere of the film “Home”
Just section Cinéfondation this year was presented to the 17 student films from young film Directors from Israel, Singapore, UK, Belgium and other countries.
Grand Prix of the program “Special look”, which also fought in the Ukrainian film “Home”, a Brazilian Director Karim Ainouz for the film “the Invisible life of Eurydice gusmão”. The film tells the story of two women who struggle with the prejudices and repression in Brazil 50 years. The film is based on memories Inusa about single mother.
The prize for best Director went to 27-year-old Russian Director Cantemir Balakovo for the film “the Lofty” – a drama about the life and relationship of two women in Leningrad immediately after the second world war.
The prize for best acting in “the Special sight” went to the Chiara Mastroianni, daughter of Marcello Mastroianni and Catherine Deneuve for her role in the romantic Comedy by Christophe honoré “Room 212”.
Palme d’or received mon Jun Ho for the film “Parasites”.
The winners of the Cannes film festival 2019
Full list of all winners of the Cannes film festival 2019:
- “Gold palm branch”: “Parasites” mon Jun Ho
- Grand Prix: “Atlantic” Mati Diop
- Jury prize: “Les Miserables” ledge; “Bacurau” Kleber Mendonça Filho, Juliano Dornelles
- Best actress: Emily Beecham “Little Joe”
- Best actor: Antonio Banderas “Pain and glory”
- Best Director: the Dardenne Brothers “the Young Ahmed”
- Best screenplay: Celine Sciamma “portrait of a young woman on fire”
- Special award of the jury: “It Must Be Heaven” Elia Suleiman; “Dios Monstruo” Agustina San
- The prize “Golden camera”: “Our Mothers” César Díaz
- “Golden palm” in the short competition: “The Distance Between Us and The Sky” Vasilis Kekatos
- “Queer palm” (full meter): “portrait of a young woman on fire” Celine Sciamma
- “Queer palm” (short films): “The Distance Between Us and The Sky” Vasilis Kekatos
Recall that in the framework of the 72-th Cannes film festival the cult Director Quentin Tarantino presented his ninth film “in Hollywood” (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood).
Read the most important and interesting news in our Telegram